Saturday, December 6, 2008

Holiday Cheer

Well the holiday's have come to India. My room is as festive as it can be. Leslie made me take some Chrismas lights and a stocking (hard to see, but the stocking is on the left tacked to the fireplace, I mean cork board). I put the decorations up on the 1st and at night while watching TV I keep them on. I have to wonder what people on the street think when they see a Red Glow coming from a hotel room. Wait I think that rule only applies in Amsterdam.
Sorry, but it is a light week for pictures. I went to the zoo and a museum. The "zoo" makes the Dallas Zoo look like a crown jewel for all to follow. At least Dallas has pictures of the animals not located in the cage. This zoo only had a dozen animals and most were missing. The Tiger was worth the visit. I could not get a picture as it was too far away. He was laying in the grass and rolling around keeping is stomach in the air. Like a huge kitten playing. The snake park is what makes the Pune zoo famous. They have these pits that have a ton of snakes crawling over each other. Think Indiana Jones and you have an idea what the pit looks like.
The sunsets are spectacular. This may not be the best photo, but I gives the image I will remember. I have only been in India for a month, and it has been a learning experience. I would like to think I could change and stop thinking "keep up with the Jones", and really be grateful for what I have. So many people have so little here, yet they all smile. I have several more weeks to take in all I can.
A word of advice to anyone visiting India - AVOID THE ZOO. If you think area's of India smell bad, the zoo takes repulsive to a new level. I have brushed my teeth several times and have snorted anything that smells nice for 12 hours, and the smell seems to be stuck in my nose. Like I said, I need to work on the "grateful" thing.

No comments: