Monday, January 26, 2009

The Arabian Sea

I got to goto the beach. It was a lot of fun. Walking to the beach you need to go through a forest of Palm, banana, and Grapefruit trees. Among these trees is the Banyan Tree. It grows roots out of the limbs that make great tarzan swinging vines. So I gave it a shot.
The first thing you see when you walk onto the beach. Well I mean it is the Arabian Sea, but come on.
Women fully clothed, men in underware. I just love the beach in India. But hey I got to swim and body surf in the Arabian. Not too many folks in Texas can say that.
A look back at the groves we had to walk through to get to the beach.
The guys also taught me how to play cricket. Look at the form and grace. I was actually pretty bad, but I did get a few hits and bowled a wicket.
The guys all told me about this great place to eat at the beach. What they did not tell me was that this was not a resturant, but a persons home. You give them a couple of hours notice and then eat in their front yard. If you look at the photo close you will see one white man with complete fear in his eyes. I had no idea what I was eating, but I knew it was not the chicken that was running under the table.
Ride home after a long day.

1 comment:

LOW AND BEHOLD! said...

OH Greg, how does it feel to be young again?:) Serious, it looks like you're hardly working... How does your wife feel about that? I'm just jealous!