Monday, January 26, 2009

Republic Day

Today is Republic Day in India. The hotel let the staff have some fun, so the cook made some chalk designs in the lobby.
The flag after the cerimony. The staff all sang the national anthem and then did a parade around the hotel grounds. Cheering and having a pretty good time for having to work on a fairly big holiday.
All part of the ritual. A priest breaks open a coconut and then sprinkels flowers. I have no idea what it all means, but it was pretty cool to watch.
These are the men that keep me safe. At least 3 are on duty no matter what time. However the way they laugh and treat the guests of the hotel, I wonder if they could ever "do the job" if something ever happened. I hope none of these men ever face that test.
Me with the entire hotel staff. The other white guy is a GM guy that has been in the hotel with me. There have been a couple of times when this staff was working for about me and 2 or 3 other guests. Things got pretty empty after Mumbai.
Well this will hopefully be my last post from India. At least for a while. I would love to come back, but when I do I want at least my wife with me. While all of the pictures look fun to some, I could never stop thinking "I want my best friend here with me". Texas, I will see you on Friday!

No comments: