
Was able to get into Mumbai yesterday. I saw the Gateway to India as well as the famous Taj Hotel. One thing I also saw, but could not get a good picture was the Kite Festival over the slums of Mumbai. That was a site I will remember for a long time. Hundreds of kites flying over tin frame/tarp roof huts, and children running on the highway to chase down fallen kites. Was much better then the book Kite Runner, as there was not the horrible after effects.

To get to Elephanta you need to take one of the boats seen above. The trip is only 10K, but on these sleek vessels of the sea it takes only over an hour. Yes, I could run the distance faster, but not over water. As much as I may feel I have reached perfection, I have not mastered the art of water walking.

One of the boats that just was not up to the challange.

Elephanta is series of caves that have been carved out of the mountain of this small island. The cave is lines with Hindu God carvings. The place was built at an estimated 600 AD. Not alot is known of the actual history, but who cares the place is cool.

My camera was having problems with the light, so this is about the best I could do.
I tried to give you a brief 360 video of the main cave.
Madi, you wanted Monkeys? Well here you go.
No comments:
Post a Comment